The Hall of information blog has been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Jaycee Lynch of the Thinking Moon Blog!
In what appears to be my most important year for writing and blogging things just get better and better. It’s an honour that a blogger as renowned as Jaycee would think of an operation like this and so a huge thank you to an awesome fellow blogger and important member of the writing community.
Seeing as one of the only things I am good at is manners I shall take this opportunity to tell y’all a bit more about the blogger who nominated the Hall of information. The Thinking Moon Blog is a plethora of adventure into the written word. From sustainability, to interviews, music and various immersive writings, it’s the pinnacle of what a successful blog should be. Plus we’re both huge fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer so it’s safe to say we’re cultured individuals with aligned tastes. Jaycee has been a huge supporter of my work and is one of the helpful few who have allowed me to reach the many.
So what does the Real Neat Blog Award nomination mean? Well there’s some rules which are:
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
Ah right, I think I got this… so here are the questions provided by Thinking Moon that I shall try my best to answer in a fun, witty but clever way…
1. If you won a Grammy for any genre of music, what would it be?
It would most probably be for a musical album, no joke. If I were ever to enter the music industry it would have something to do with my writing getting me there. I’ve always played around with the thought of converting one of my sci-fi stories into a full on musical. Just imagine being in the cinema watching some epic inner city battle between robots and humans; then they break into song!
2. Who is your favourite villain(s) from any universe?
There is a stack of awesome bad guys out there but so many of them are missing that final piece of a nearly complete puzzle – believable motive. In the comic book universes especially; a big bad will normally show already being bad and it just feels one dimensional.
I don’t have a specific bad guy that I am fond of but my favourite in terms of journey, motive and all around reasons for being bad is Harvey ‘Two Face’ Dent from the Dark Knight. Here we see a man who is good and wholesome, but the world his character interacts with has turned him into the villain he becomes in the latter stages of the film. He is a creation of the environment around him and actually sees sense in aligning himself with the anarchy of the Joker. This also moves us to a pretty awesome segway into question 3…
3. What was your all-time favourite Halloween costume or cosplay you’ve done? Pictures please!
I was literally asked the other day by someone; do you remember Heath Ledger’s Joker from the Dark Knight?
Way back when, before the aging process set in, I looked a lot like Heath Ledger (apparently… I didn’t just go around saying this to everyone) but you got to admit; that picture above, I can confirm is me at the London New Years Day parade, does look a bit like Heath’s joker.
4. What’s the weirdest trend you’ve ever partaken in?
In the age of the internets there have been a huge amount of flavour of the week fads or trends and in all honesty I don’t usually get myself caught up in such things, I live under a rock most of the time, but even I couldn’t resist the urge to play Flappy bird…
Now considering I am a bit of technophobe/ can’t be bothered to keep up type of person, this game had me hooked!
5. What Movie/ Play/ Game soundtrack is your favourite?
If I want to be consistent with question 1 then I’m going with a musical soundtrack. The Greatest Showman is possibly one of the best modern musicals for a very long time. Nearly every song is catchy and meaningful, plus for Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron reasons.
An honorable mention must also go to my top Nightshift listen ‘Once more, with feeling’ the album taken from Buffy’s famous groundbreaking musical episode!
6. What was the best thing, before sliced bread?
Although sliced wholemeal does appear frequently in my diet I will have to say the best thing before they decided to sell sliced bread would have to be books! I wasn’t around when they first decided to slice bread but I know for a fact they were slicing pulp into pages way before! Although I am kind of obligated to say books (being an author and all) I have to show my support for the literary industry as a whole…
7. What is your favourite inspirational quote?
Back to the Future is my all time favourite film and the series isn’t far behind. No matter how many times you go back or forward in time to change things and no matter how much time you think you don’t have; “your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one!”
Fellow bloggers I would like to nominate and acknowldge for the Real Neat Blogger Award are:
- Debjani – Debjani’s Thoughts
- Blair – Feed the Crime
- Bookshelf Q Battler – Bookshelf Battle
- Irene – Irene Pylypec.com
- Christina Engela – The Crow Bar
- Sifar – sunilmdabral
Questions for the nominees
- From all the books you have read, name one you would have loved to have written and why?
- What was the subject of your very first blog post?
- Do you believe in ghosts? If so, have you had any paranormal experiences?
- Do you have a go to music album or vocal artist you have always listened to?
- In a few sentences how would you define blogging?
- Have you ever had a hero you’ve looked up to?
- Are you a believer in luck? Tell me about your luckiest moment in life?